Monday, May 18, 2009

May 18 update

There is nothing special about May 18th (afaik), but thought I'd bring you up to date on what is going on.

Susan is home from her first year at college. She really struggled with trig but hopes to at least get a C. So far this summer, she is helping Mrs. Yellowfish (Edmond Public Schools Indian Education) in the afternoons. They are moving to the building next door and Susan is boxing up stuff for them. She will also be helping with the Johnson O'Malley program in June.

Kimberly is doing pretty well is school. She was asked to give a speech at the 8th grade graduation in a couple of weeks.  She was also asked to write a story for Edmond Sun newspaper. She wants to write about the EPS Indian Education program. Mrs. Yellowfish is really busy but I hope she is able to donate half an hour so Kimberly can get the info she wants for the story.

Susan and Kimberly should be entering some items in the Red Earth crafts contest. Last year Susan won 1st prize for her basket and Kimberly won 2nd and 3rd prize for a basket and some beadwork.

Laura is enrolled in 3 more classes at the school for the blind in Muskogee in June. After the classes, she should be ready to take the test so she will be qualified to teach visually impared children. Next year she will probably be teaching a 3 year old in the Guthrie Public School district a few days a week. The rest of her time will probably be at the alternative school trying to teach the kids that can't (or won't) handle regular school. I just hope she doesn't kill any of the kids.

Not much going on with me. I'm trying to get eclipse and tomcat working here at work. I'm making progress but I'm not quite there yet. I think I'll take some time and learn more about html, javascript, css, etc. I never bothered with learning that stuff since I've never been a front-end guy. I guess I'm more of a back-end guy :-)

My Redneck Ball-Pit is about half full now. We've been putting food scraps in it and I put the first mowings grass clippings in it.

Our garden is looking ok. The scallions were doing well and then we got all the rain and a lot of them seemed to disappear. My beer plants aren't doing anything. I guess you can't grow Coors from an empty can. :(

I saw this quote today and thought it was pretty good - 
Christianity: The belief that some cosmic Jewish Zombie can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him that you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree.
- Unknown
Until next time.... Brian



1 comment:

bubba said...

I got eclipse and tomcat work for Rent. yeah!

Susan got 3 A's, a B, and a C in trig. She was really glad she got a C in trig and not a D or F.